My current research interests include:
(1) Attitudes about work and gender roles in Central and Eastern Europe.
(2) Gender and Career Motivation: Cross-cultural comparisons. Career paths and income of MBA's and librarians. Combining work and family.
(3) Violence and Victimization: Stalking. Dating violence. Battered wives and other female victims. Sexual harassment in work and school settings.
(4) Career choice. Models of job choice. Determining fit between the individual and the culture of the organization. Perceived success in work environments.
(5) Love and Intimacy in Close Relationships: Gender and love. Lovestyles in different types of relationships.
- Aggression, Conflict, Peace
- Applied Social Psychology
- Close Relationships
- Culture and Ethnicity
- Gender Psychology
- Interpersonal Processes
- Motivation, Goal Setting
- Frieze, I. H. (2005). Hurting the one you love: Violence in relationships. Belmont, CA: Wadsworth/Thomson Learning.
- Boneva, B., & Frieze, I. (2001). Toward a concept of a migrant personality. Journal of Social Issues, 57, 477-492.
- Frieze, I. H. (2000). Violence in close relationships--Development of a research area: Comment on Archer. Psychological Bulletin, 126, 681-684.
- Wall, S. N., Frieze, I. H., Ferligoj, A, Jarasova, E., Pauknerova, D., Horvat, J., & Sarlija, N. (1999). Gender role and religion as predictors of attitude toward abortion in Croatia, Slovenia, the Czech Republic, and the United States. Journal of Cross Cultural Psychology, 30, 443-465.
- Miree, C., & Frieze, I. H. (1999). Children and careers: A longitudinal study of the impact of young children on critical career outcomes of MBAs. Sex Roles, 41, 787-808.
- Frieze, I. H., & McHugh, M. C. (1998). Measuring feminism and gender role attitudes. Psychology of Women Quarterly 22, 349-352.
- McHugh, M. C., & Frieze, I. H. (1997). The measurement of gender-role attitudes: A review and commentary. Psychology of Women Quarterly, 21, 1-16.
- Grote, N. K., Frieze, I. H., & Schmidt, L. S. (1997). Political attitudes and the Vietnam War: A study of college-educated men of the Vietnam generation. Journal of Applied Social Psychology, 19, 1673-1693.
- Frieze, I. H., & McHugh, M. C. (Editors). (1997). Measuring beliefs about appropriate roles for women and men. Psychology of Women Quarterly, 21.
- Schmidt, L. C., & Frieze, I. H. (1997). A mediational model of power, affiliation and achievement motives and product involvement. Journal of Business and Psychology, 11, 425-446.
- Signorella, M. L., & Frieze, I. H. (1996). Single-sex versus mixed-sex classes and gender schemata in children and adolescents: A longitudinal comparison. Psychology of Women Quarterly, 20, 599-607.
- Murrell, A. J., Olson, J. E., & Frieze, I. H. (1995). Sexual harassment and gender discrimination: A longitudinal study of women managers. Journal of Social Issues, 51, 139-149.
- Frieze, I. H.,& Davis, K. (2000). Stalking and obsessive behaviors in everyday life: Assesments of victims and perpetrators. Violence and Victims, 15(1).
Department of Psychology
3327 Sennott Square
University of Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh, PA 15260
- Phone: (412) 624-4336
- Fax: (412) 624-4428